Friday, December 18, 2015

Esther's Gift: The Lei Crime Series: (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Bette Lee Crosby

In the days before hurricane Iniki hit the island of Kauai the forecasters predicted it would stay south of Hilo. But Esther Ka’awai, a psychic and gifted wise woman of the ancient culture has seen the future. She knows of the devastation that will come to the island. She has warned those she loves; now all she can do is pray. 
As she struggles to accept this gift of knowing, Esther discovers that even the most wonderful gift can sometimes break your heart. 
A story of love, faith and a belief in the future. 

Review: I was given a copy of Esther's Gift for an honest review and this is my review.
This novella was a beautifully written piece about second chances, finding love, saving those we love and strong ties to one's heritage. I loved the character of Esther and what a strong woman she was. I can't get into her too much because of spoilers but she is a very special character that as a reader you have no choice but to be drawn to. The character of John was the same way. I absolutely loved him as her male counterpart. He was also so special in his own way especially with how he treated his grandson and how he stood up for him when his parents were dropping the ball. I just wanted to slap them and hug John for being such a great a guy. As I said I can't say much for spoilers but this was an excellent novella with a great story that touches your heart.
I am definitely giving this five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment