Saturday, October 15, 2016

Still Waters (Faces of Evil: Private Eyes #2) by Debra Webb

Instead of reporting the news, Amber Roberts is the news. Has the beautiful journalist murdered someone she hardly knew or has she been brilliantly framed? Evidence points to the former. Enter Sean Douglas, the hottest bodyguard Amber's ever seen. But Amber is all about her career, and giving it up for romance is unthinkable. Sean, she learns, has his own guilty reason for keeping things professional. The last woman who trusted him ended up dead. And now the same fate may await Amber, unless Sean can protect her while guarding his heart. Because someone is watching and terrorizing Amber…someone no one would suspect…


Review: I was given an ARC of Still Waters for an honest review and this is my review.
Still Waters is the second book of the Faces of Evil: Private Eyes spin off series and it did not have as much interaction with the Faces of Evil family as the first book did it was still very good and introduced some new characters. Amber Roberts is caused of killing a man she claims she hardly knows so she ends up going to Jess and Buddy's PI firm to get help. She is assigned their newest employee Sean Douglas to act as her bodyguard. Needless to say Amber's life is in danger unless Sean can protect her because the real killer is out there and they do not want to be found.
I really enjoyed this book and the attraction between Amber and Sean. I thought it was sweet how he kept trying to put his job before their attraction and do the honorable thing thing because of what happened with his last client. I also found myself guessing who the killer was then something would happen to mess up my guess then another curve would come at me and I would be like I should have seen that one.
This was another good Faces of Evil book so I am giving it five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment