Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3) by Mary Burton

Julia Vargas is a cop with a mission. When she’s not chasing down bad guys, Julia dedicates her time to investigating the Hangman serial killer…the same unsolved case that her father, Jim Vargas, was working on when he supposedly shot and killed himself three decades before. While rumors continue to swirl around her father’s death, Julia attempts to hunt down the truth.
The case once again hits dangerously close, however, when a woman’s bones are discovered in a historic downtown home, together with a photograph of Jim and Julia as a young girl. As horrifying as this discovery is, it may just be the break Julia has waited for. Working alongside Tobias Novak, a homicide detective with whom she shares a complicated—and steamy—history, she’s forced to confront her own past even as the Hangman looms in the shadows. But as the mysterious killer circles closer, Julia can feel her own noose begin to tighten…

Review: Thank you NetGalley for the ARC of The Hangman by Mary Burton that I read and reviewed.
I loved The Hangman because it kept me wondering who the killer was until the end. I absolutely love it when Burton makes the reader change their mind over and over about who they think did it and she did that to me a number of times in this book and I could not wait to get to the end to see who the Hangman was.
I also loved Julia and Novak as partners and as a couple in this book. They were a great match for each other and they added another great dimension to this story besides The Hangman case they were trying to solve. I honestly could not put this book down because I could not wait to see what was going to happen next. This book is packed with action and romance and it will keep the reader guessing. Another great book in this series and I hope their will be more to come because Burton seems to be slamming them out of the park with The Forgotten Files and especially with The Hangman.
I am giving this book five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment