Monday, September 18, 2017

An Inextricable Tale by Paul Allgood

Saul Shields is one of the most compelling arguments for birth control walking the face of the earth, but deep down don't we all try to love waifs and strays who hate themselves?

Review:  I have been struggling with this review because I refuse to use spoilers in my reviews and with this being a novella it is very hard to express how great this book is without giving much away so I sat after reading it for a few days and then decided to go with my feelings.
For a short book this book was packed with a heck of a lot of emotions and subjects. It is told from the the viewpoint of a black man who was forced to talk to a therapist as a part of his release program and boy does he talk about a lot. He discusses subjects from religion, his feelings about losing and going to find his daughter, doing drugs, being bisexual and rape. Just to name a few.
An Inextricable Take is one of those books that take you on an emotional journey. There were times I loved the main character and times I hated the man. Allgood, was able to wrap the reader into the character's emotional rollercoaster and kept us in the ride for the entire story.
I was shocked by the end and I would love to see more from this author. I had no choice but to give An Inextricable Tale by Paul Allgood five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment