Saturday, August 1, 2015

Friction by Sandra Brown

A Texas Ranger, relegated to deskwork due to past recklessness, petitions to regain custody of his five-year-old daughter, and his case is assigned to a family court judge who is as attractive as she is ambitious. When a masked gunman barges in during the custody hearing with his sights on the judge, the Ranger reacts instinctually and goes after him. But authorities apprehend the wrong man, and the real gunman remains unknown, at large, and a threat. Will this take-charge lawman jeopardize his chances of custody by going after the would-be assassin? And will this unlikely pair be able to deny the forbidden attraction building between them?

Review: I was given an ARC of Friction from NetGalley for an honest review so this is my review.
Friction was a pretty good romantic suspense book by Sandra Brown. In some spots it did seem to drag on but in others the action did pick up so for the most part the book was really well balanced. I also really enjoyed the chemistry between Holly and Crawford. It was very raw and powerful between them. I can honestly saw they were not a "heart and flowers" kind of couple. The suspense in the story was also pretty good you pretty much know who was behind the crime but not why until the very end. Personally, I like totally surprises myself but this worked okay with this book.
This was not one of Brown's best but it was definitely worth reading so I am giving it four out of five stars. I would have liked a bit more secrecy in book for it to be better for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment