Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The Promise of Forgiveness by Marin Thomas

When it comes to family, Ruby Baxter hasn’t had much luck. The important men in her early life abandoned her, and any time a decent boyfriend came along, she ran away. But now Ruby is thirty-one and convinced she is failing her teenage daughter. Mia is the one good thing in her life, and Ruby hopes a move to Kansas will fix what’s broken between them.
But the road to redemption takes a detour. Hank McArthur, the biological father Ruby never knew existed, would like her to claim her inheritance: a dusty oil ranch just outside of Unforgiven, Oklahoma.
As far as first impressions go, the gruff, emotionally distant rancher isn’t what Ruby has hoped for in a father. Yet Hank seems to have a gift for rehabilitating abused horses—and for reaching Mia. And if Ruby wants to entertain the possibility of a relationship with Joe Dawson, the ranch foreman, she must find a way to open her heart to the very first man who left her behind.
 
Review: I was given an ARC of The Promise of Forgiveness for an honest from NetGalley and this is my review.
I absolutely loved this book. It was so heartfelt and real I was hooked from the beginning. This book draws you in and almost makes you feel like you are part of the the book and going through everything Ruby, Mia, Hank and Joe are.
The characters were all great. Ruby was a special lady who had gone through so much in her life already and I loved how she was learning to deal with her trust issues with men and how to fix things with her daughter. Mia was a typical teenager who was fun to watch grow throughout this book. Hank was really a special character because he was trying to make up for giving up his daughter and he was just a character one had to feel connected to. Then there was Joe with his pain that he had to overcome in order to more or less live life again. All four broken in some way but together make a very special family.
I also enjoyed the bit of mystery the book had going on. Even though I had parts of who wanted the land other parts where surprising.
I know my review is a bit of a mystery but I hate spoilers so I did not want to give the book away but I also wanted to relay that it has some really great things about it and it is worth reading. That is also why I am giving it five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment