Sunday, May 8, 2016

Deep Dark (Tracers #10) by Laura Griffin

The moment detective Reed Novak steps onto the crime scene, he knows the case is going to rock his world. A beautiful young woman murdered at home. No sign of forced entry. No motive. She’s obviously not the killer’s first victim, and Reed’s instincts tell him she won’t be his last. Reed’s first clue comes via a mysterious text that links to a dating profile, but even more intriguing than the clue is the person who sent it.
As a white-hat hacker in the Delphi Center’s cyber investigation unit, Laney Knox sneaks into some of the deepest, darkest corners of the Internet looking for predators. Laney would prefer to stay away from Austin PD’s most recent murder case, but she can’t ignore the chilling similarities between that crime and her own brutal attack years ago. Laney offers to help the sexy lead detective, but he wants more from her than just a promising tip—Reed wants her trust. Laney resists, but as their relationship deepens she’s tempted to reveal the closely guarded secrets that could make her a key witness…or the killer’s next victim.

 Review: I was given an ARC copy of Deep Dark for an honest review and this is my review.
The first thing I have to say is after reading Deep Dark I will never look at my electronic devices the same way again. This book really gets one thinking about how easy it is for someone to get into your personal information or even spying into your home if they know what they are doing. I am not sure if Laura Griffin had any intention of doing this but I know I am going to improve my devices security a bit more after reading this book because it is something I normally would not think about until it was brought to my attention in this excellently written book.
Now for the book itself. What can I say? I absolutely loved Laney and Reed's story. Both characters where so different from each other yet they fit together so well they made the book work. I loved the story because it dealt with something people don't think about a lot, internet security, and they don't realize how easy it is for someone to find you and stalk you and ultimately kill you. The chemistry between Laney and Reed and not knowing who the killer was kept me turning the pages in this book. I can't wait to see what Griffin has coming next in this series.
I am giving Deep Dark five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment