Thursday, July 7, 2016

Night and Day (Eve Duncan #21) by Iris Johansen

Iris Johansen's third book in her latest explosive trilogy starring forensic sculptor Eve Duncan takes readers on a high-energy adventure with Eve fighting to overcome the odds. Protecting Cara Delaney from the enemies who want her dead leads Eve to be their target. It will take everything she has to rescue Cara, and doing so will put that which is dearest to her at risk. Night and Day is the pulse-pounding race to a conclusion that will have readers on the edge of their seats.

 Review: I was given an ARC of Night and Day from NetGalley for an honest review and this is my review.
This was the the third book in this trilogy and I can honestly say as a whole I did not like it at all. I usually really like the Eve Duncan books but these three I really had trouble getting into and this one was no exception.
I felt a total disconnect with all the characters this time and that happened for the first time in an Eve Duncan book for me. I did not like the location nor did I like the idea of looking for the lost treasure. However, I did enjoy Eve's pregnancy and how hard the team fought to rescue Cara. I thought she was a though little girl who in some ways made me think of what Bonnie might have been like if she lived.
Overall, this book was just okay for me that is why I can only give it three out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment