Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Don't Tell a Soul by M. William Phelps

Cherry Walker was a devoted, trusting, uncommonly innocent young woman who loved caring for a neighbor's little boy. But when she was asked to testify in court against his abusive mother, Cherry never got the chance. She couldn't lie if her life depended on it--and it did. Cherry's body was found on the side of a Texas road, after being doused with lighter fluid and set aflame.
Attractive, manipulative, and violent, mother of four Kim Cargill had a wealth of dirty secrets she'd do anything to keep hidden. This in-depth account by bestselling investigative journalist M. William Phelps takes you inside Cargill's shocking trial--and into the mind of one of the most conniving female psychopaths in recent history--and on death row. 


Review: Thank you NetGalley for the ARC if Don't Telk a Soul by M. William Phelps that I read and reviewed.
Okay this is the first true crime book that I have ever read but I as an addicted to the ID television station so I figured I would give it a shot and I am glad I did. At first I can honestly say I had no idea way the author picked to write about Kim Cargill, at first she seemed like one of those crazy psychos I watch on ID all the time but as I got deeper into the book I realized she was her own kind of crazy. A woman who could kill and burn the corpse of her special needs babysitter because she did not want her to testify in court is one sick woman and then the things she did cover up the crime and see how the police we investigating, it would be something I would expect my favorite suspense author to write in a fiction novel not a person to actually do. Then how she abused her children and her exes and the people in her life just made me sick. I kinda wished I could have been on the jury and given the woman the death penalty myself.
Reading this book made me realize how evil someone can really be and I love the fact the author chose to highlight a woman on deathrow. We always hear about the evil men in society and the evil women are overlooked and this book looks at one of those women who are evil to the core but can hide behind a pretty face and make people do what she wants because she is pathological liar that can hide the evil extremely well. I believe that is why the author picked Cargill for his book she was so evil and she did not care about anyone but herself, yet no one realized that about her until it was too late and they were sucked into her world and in some way hurt by her. She was a very interesting person to study. As I reader I hated her but her lies kept drawing me in just like they did her victims.
I am giving Don't Tell a Soul five out if five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment