Monday, April 20, 2015

Second Helpings at the Serve You Right Café by Tilia Klebenov Jacobs

What if the world didn’t want you to go straight? Out on parole after almost ten years in prison, Emet First is repairing his shattered life. He has friends, a job, and his first date in a decade. The young woman, Mercedes Finch, is lovely but wounded. When her deranged brother learns about Emet’s past, he will stop at nothing to destroy him—and suddenly Emet has everything to lose.







Review: I was given a copy of Second Helpings at the Serve You Right Cafe from NetGalley for an honest review. I enjoyed this book overall and found it a very fast read for me. I found the story between Mercey and Emet interesting. I especially liked it that Emet was afraid he would not be good enough for Mercey because was an ex-con when the one with the problems was Mercey who had her doctrate but a messed up family and a brother, Clay, who was set on messing up her life and getting Emet in trouble. I found myself laughing at the lengths Clay was willing to go to get his way. I won't go into detail due to spoilers but that junkie had an imagination.
Overall, I enjoyed the book. I wish it was a bit longer and Emet and Mercey's relationship would have been explored deeper and that is why I am giving the book four out of five stars. I would have liked a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment