Monday, May 18, 2015

Navigating Life with Multiple Sclerosis by Kathleen Costello, Ben W. Thrower, Barbara S. Giesser

Navigating Life with Multiple Sclerosis will serve as a practical guide for meeting the challenges of this life-long disease. MS may cause a myriad of symptoms and varies greatly from person to person. The authors demystify MS and offer practical solutions and guidance based upon their extensive combined clinical and research experience. The book tackles many of the common symptoms experienced by the person with MS and looks into the future to explore where research is headed. If you are newly diagnosed or have been living with MS for years, this book is an invaluable guide.





Review:  I was given an ARC of this book for an honest review from NetGallery and this is my review.
As a woman with MS I found this book insulting and not very helpful at all. I felt like the authors either were spending their time dumbing up the illness for the reader or trying to make themselves sound smarter then they really are. Whatever way they were acting from chapter to chapter or topic to topic I just wanted to tell them to just stop and act more down to earth. Some of the things that were said in this book I really question because they go against what I have been told by my doctors and have read in other publications epically about the benefits and need of lumbar punctures for diagnosis purposes. I had had a lot of problems with a number of things in this book. It was almost like the authors wanted to write a book about MS and get everything in so they glossed over everything and by doing so they took a serious topic and dumbed it up, put in stupid antidotes and jammed it all in a 200 page book that ended up a big hot mess.
I am only giving this book two out of five stars because I know for a fact there are better publications about MS available for people to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment