Sunday, May 31, 2015

Fatal Reaction (Paramedic Anneliese Ashmore Mysteries #1) by Belinda Frisch

During a slow night on duty, paramedic Ana Ashmore drives past a crime scene at the shabby Aquarian motel--a scene that, strangely, wasn't broadcast on her first-responder's radio. Curious, she stops to help and quickly realizes why she'd been excluded from the call. Her sister, Sydney, has been found dead of an apparent suicide. But why would Sydney kill herself after fighting a triumphant battle against cancer?
As the police get to work, Ana decides to launch an investigation of her own. Sydney's soon-to-be ex-husband certainly had a motive to murder her, and while the police focus on him, Ana makes a startling discovery: a chain of e-mails between Sydney and her surgeon that brings into question Sydney's diagnosis and the life-altering treatment that followed. With the help of Dr. Jared Monroe, who has his own troubling connection to the surgeon in question, Ana uncovers a ring of corruption and greed. As the two dig deeper, they develop a complicated attraction. Can they survive their attempt to expose a dangerous deception and avenge Sydney's murder?





Review: I was given a free copy of Fatal Reaction from NetGalley for an honest review and this is my review.
I enjoyed the plot and storyline of this book but for me it was told by too many perspectives. I was getting lost at times trying to keep who each person was separate so I could keep track of what was going on. For me one or two perspectives are enough when you add more then that it information overload that could be given without adding all these other main voices to the mix to add confusion.
I did look like the story and would read another by the author just to see if I get use to the writing style or if it get tighter as she writes more. I am going to give this book three out of five stars because the story was great but it did have a lot of extra going on that had me looking back to refresh my memory about who characters were and that was a bit annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment