Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Secrets We Keep by Stephanie Butland

A tragic accident, a broken heart, and a marriage drowning in secrets...
Mike always walks the dog in the evening while Elizabeth relaxes in the bathtub--but one night he doesn’t come back. Mike has drowned while saving a teenage girl named Kate, his dog standing on the bank barking frantically as the police pull his body from the water.But despite her husband being lauded as a hero, Elizabeth can’t wrap her mind around the fact that Mike is gone--and Kate won’t reveal the details of what really happened that night.
 
Elizabeth finds herself facing the unfathomable possibility that she may not have known her husband at all. Does she really want to know the truth? Or will the weight of Mike’s secrets pull her under?


Review:  I was given an ARC of The Secrets We Keep from NetGalley for an honest review and this is my review.
I really enjoyed this book and I felt so many emotions for, Elizabeth, the main character, I was on emotional rollercoaster throughout the entire book. I must say, however, I was not a big fan of her husband and if he was not already dead in the book I would happily be plotting his death but is spoiler material so I won't go there.
This book was well written with charters with a lot of depth. I loved Elizabeth because she was fragile yet she also had strength that the reader saw flickers of making her a very intriguing character because one was unsure what way she was going to end up going when it came to how she was going to intimately deal with her grief and other problems she has to with her husband's death.
As for the rest of the characters I also liked them as well but it was Elizabeth that left the biggest impression. The rest were all excellent support characters that made her shine in my opinion.
I am giving The Secrets We Keep a rating of four out of five stars and would definitely suggest it for those of you who can handle tear jerker.

No comments:

Post a Comment