Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Lives Between Us by Theresa Rizzo

How far would you go to save the one you love?
Reporter Skylar Kendall has run from commitment all her life, pushing people away before they leave her, until her niece worms her way into Skye’s heart and settles in tight. Skye relaxes into a career she enjoys and relishes being a doting aunt.
Then her niece becomes gravely ill. Unable to bear yet another loss, Skye is determined to find a cure, but the girl’s only hope lies in the embryonic stem cell therapy Michigan Senator Edward Hastings repeatedly opposes. When Skye fails to find alternative treatment in time, she vows to end the senator’s political career.
Curious about the woman behind the scathing articles on his best friend, Mark Dutton pursues Skye. Dating Mark gives her access to Hastings’s life and secrets that would launch Skye's career and satisfy her need for retribution… Only she hadn’t counted on falling in love.
Can she avenge the lives lost to politics at the expense of her new love and friends?


Review: I was given an ARC of The Lives Between Us for an honest review from NetGalley and this is my review.
This book was an excellent book with the main topic surrounding it being the use of stem cells from embryos to help people who are sick get better and if it is morally right or wrong. That main character in the book, Skye is dealing with the death of her young niece who she believes stem cells could have saved and she blames her states senator for being morally against the use of the same cells and blocking the use of them in her state therefore blaming him for her niece's death. Then Skye and the senator's best friend Mark meet and start dating and they have an intriguing relationship (I won't give to much for spoiler reasons but it was interesting at times). The chemistry between was great and I did love the match.
As for the story I loved it. I can't get into to deeply for spoiler reasons but when I read the ending my mouth dropped open and I had to re-read the last section a few times because I was not sure I was reading things right. It was one of those books. You were thinking one thing then something happens and you think you have it all figured out and something else happens out of left field and you walk away going oh my gosh I did not see that coming at all. You have to love it.
I am giving this book five out of five stars.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful review, Sarah. So pleased you enjoyed the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the excellent books you have been putting out for your readers. We are lucky to have writers like you out there!

      Delete