Thursday, June 25, 2015

Somebody I Used to Know by David J. Bell

When Nick Hansen sees the young woman at the grocery store, his heart stops. She is the spitting image of his college girlfriend, Marissa Minor, who died in a campus house fire twenty years earlier. But when Nick tries to speak to her, she acts skittish and rushes off.
The next morning the police arrive at Nick’s house and show him a photo of the woman from the store. She’s been found dead, murdered in a local motel, with Nick’s name and address on a piece of paper in her pocket.
Convinced there's a connection between the two women, Nick enlists the help of his college friend Laurel Davidson to investigate the events leading up to the night of Marissa’s death. But the young woman’s murder is only the beginning...and the truths Nick uncovers may make him wish he never doubted the lies.


Review:  I was given a ARC of Somebody I Use to Know by NetGalley for an honest review and this is the review.
Overall this book was pretty good. It was packed full of a lot of action and a lot of different things going on at the same time around the same mystery that this man is trying to figure out. The book definitely keeps the reader on their toes and guessing. The biggest problem I had with the book is I felt there was no final closure. The plot was excellent, the storyline was great but the big finish I was looking for was not there for me and for me that was a total let down. Others may love how the author chooses to end things for me I felt like I was cheated.
With that said I am giving this book three out of five stars because for me it did not hold together for the entire book.

No comments:

Post a Comment