Thursday, June 4, 2015

Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls #2) by Melinda Leigh

After corporate attorney Hannah Barrett tries—and fails—to stop a kidnapping in Vegas, she can’t shake the haunting image of the terrified young girl she couldn’t save. She tells herself that a visit to her hometown in Scarlet Falls could be a welcome distraction. But soon, Hannah realizes the kidnappers have all the info they need to track her every move. And when chilling e-mails about the victim appear in her inbox, it’s frighteningly clear what happened in Vegas has followed her home.
Eight months after a terrible family tragedy, Hannah turns to Detective Brody McNamara once again. Brody is eager to help, though he’s embroiled in the investigation of a brutal murder. But the closer they work together, the stronger their feelings grow…and the more they stand to lose when two seemingly unrelated, but equally deadly, cases collide.




Review: I was given an ARC of Minutes to Kill from NetGalley for an honest review so this is my review.
I new after reading the first Scarlet Falls novel I was going to be hooked on this series but I had no clue how hooked Melinda Leigh would actually get me by book two. Once again by the end of this book I am dying for the next one to come out this series is that good and she Leigh leaves little crumbs that makes the reader guess what might be coming next. (I vote for Mac's story, but I get off topic).
As for this book Hannah and Brody's story was full of intrigue, suspense and romance. Everything one looks for in the perfect romantic suspense book. I also liked how parts from the the first book were addressed in this book so you knew what the outcome of Hannah's bother and wives's murder case is going to be. A lot of authors would just let it go but if was nice to have closure from the first book in the series so if you have not read it there is a bit a a spoiler in here even though the killer is not named some of how that book ends does get revealed in this book.
The subject matter of this book was very heavy with it being human trafficking and young girls being used as prostitutes and I felt that Leigh handled it with class and did a great job with how she portrayed it in this novel. Excellent job.
I loved this book. I love this series. I can't give this book anything but five out of five stars. I would recommend you read both books because they fit well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment