Sunday, November 22, 2015

Cold-Blooded by Lisa Regan

Fourteen years ago, high school track star Sydney Adams was gunned down in Philadelphia's Fairmount Park. The investigation yielded useless clues, and the case went cold. But homicide detective Augustus Knox never gave up on finding Sydney's killer. Now, retired from the police force and with only months to live, he enlists the help of private investigator Jocelyn Rush to clear the case once and for all.
Armed with little more than a theory as to who murdered Sydney, Jocelyn tries to lure a killer into the open. But unraveling the mystery means facing-off against a cunning psychopath whose ruthlessness knows no bounds. When more bodies start to pile up, Jocelyn has to decide just how far she's willing to go to catch a cold-blooded killer.

Review: I was given an ARC of Cold-Blooded from NetGalley for an honest review and this is my review.
All I can say is wow. I was not able to put this book down it was that good. I have never read anything from Lisa Regan but after reading Cold-Blooded I am definitely going to find more of her books because her books are awesome.
Now for this book. I really don't want to get into it that much because I hate giving spoilers but I will say I loved the characters in this book. Jocelyn and Knox are an unlikely pair who form a very special bond while trying to solve the fourteen year-old cold case murder of a teenager named Sydney before Knox passes away. I liked how their relationship played out throughout the book and what solving the case for Knox started to mean to Jocelyn and her team and friends.
Even though I figured out who was behind the murder early on I had no idea how truly sick in the head the person behind the murder was. It was fascinating as this book unraveled with all the twists and turns of what was going on during the time of the murder and I will leave it at that.
This is an excellent book and I highly recommend it and am.giving it five out of five stars.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment