Friday, July 24, 2015

My Sister's Secret by Tracy Buchanan


Everything you’ve built your life on is a lie
Willow’s memories of her parents are sun-drenched and full of smiles, love and laughter. But a mysterious invitation to a photographic exhibition exposes a secret that’s been buried since a tragic accident years ago.
Willow is forced to question everything she knew about Charity, her late mother, and Hope, the aunt she’s lived with since she was a child.
How was the enigmatic photographer connected to Willow’s parents? Why will Hope not break her silence?
Willow cannot move forward in her life without answers. But who can she really trust? Because no one has been telling the truth for a very long time.

Review: I was given a copy of My Sister's Secret from NetGalley for an honest review and this is my review.
This book was pretty good. It was told by a daughter and mother who passed always point of view so it was the mother's memories of what had happened in the past and the daughter's point of view of trying to find out what did happen which I found kind of interesting. I found both Willow and Charity interesting characters even though both of them would not be people I could deal with in real life. Charity is too indecisive and in my mind unable to make up her own mind and craves acceptance from others too much and Willow is a bit flighty.
As for the story I really enjoyed it. I liked how it was told between the two characters perspectives and I also enjoyed the twist and turns the plot had in it to keep the story me moving any the reader guessing.
I really enjoyed this book. It had enjoyable characters, a good story, a bit of a mystery and some romance and it is because of all of this I am giving it four out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment