Sunday, July 19, 2015

What She Doesn't See by Debra Webb

Sometimes what you don't see can get you killed... 
Alex Jackson built Never Happened--a cleanup service that specializes in erasing all evidence of a homicide or suicide or any other serious mess--from the ground up. The small company keeps her financially secure and independent. But being independent can be lonely sometimes, and all the money in the world can't hold her tight when she climbs into bed at night. 
When a high-tech gadget she discovered at her latest suicide cleanup gets a detective--and former lover--killed, Alex is propelled into the kind of dangerous plot spy novels are made of. Wyatt Murphy, the brooding deep cover agent shadowing her every move, makes Alex yearn for things she's never wanted before. But can Alex trust the sexy stranger to keep her safe without stealing her heart? 

Review: When I pick up a Debra Webb book I expect to read a great book and every time I get what I expect. I loved What She Doesn't See. This book was a bit different from Webb's usual books because the main male character was a CIA agent so that threw me for a second but once I got over who Wyatt worked for I really liked this handsome agent. As for the Alex character her profession of cleaning up after death and things last like that is something I could never do but I found her absolutely fascinating. Anyone who could do that job would be a person I would love to sit down and just talk too and her views on relationships was also very interesting to say the least.
As for the plot of the book I also highly enjoyed that. It was very steadily paced and action filled. There was never a dull moment in this book from the mess Alex got into with the device she found to some of the jobs she had to clean up. I am not going to give details for spoiler reasons but this woman did not have a dull moment.
With all that said, I am going to highly recommend this book and give it five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment