Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Twinkies Cookbook, Twinkies 85th Anniversary Edition: A New Sweet and Savory Recipe Collection from America's Most Iconic Snack Cake by Hostess

A comeback cookbook for the perennially popular snack cake, with 50 unique sweet and savory recipes that highlight the whimsical nostalgia of America's favorite dessert. 
For more than 80 years, Twinkies have captivated the cravings of Americans both young and old. The Twinkies Cookbook, Second Edition explores the snack cake's heritage in the United States while celebrating its popularity in recipes for snacks both sweet and savory. For the first edition, Hostess urged Twinkie-aficionados across the nation to submit their favorite dishes featuring the cream-filled sponge cake. This new edition compiles the best of these colorful concoctions with 25 new recipes and additional photography. From a Twinkie-filled take on chicken and waffles to Twinkie pumpkin pie, these surprising and innovative recipes are a small slice of Americana that will be a hit with Twinkies fans across the country.

Review: I was given a copy of The Twinkies Cookbook....For an honest review and this is the review.
When I saw the title of this book I knew I had to have it because one of my favorite desserts as a child was Twinkie Cake that my mother would make for a special treat so I wanted to see what else what there to make and in my wildest dreams I had no idea what people made with Twinkies.
Anyway, the first part of the book was a nice touch it had a bit of history of the Twinkie and then also a bit about when the Twinkie was unavailable. Then we get to the recipes where I found I number that I can't wait to try and others that I am just not sure if I am ready for them yet. If you want to know how to make Twinkie pancakes or Corn dog Twinkies or one that sounds yummy to me Twinkie Lasagna this is the book for you. There are recipes under so many categories it blew my mind how many things you can make with Twinkies.
It is because of how informative this book was and how it opened my eyes up with all the uses of the Twinkie that I am giving this cookbook a five out of five rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment